TD Ameritrade Brokerage Option
HSA Bank provides you with a unique opportunity to invest your Health Savings Account (HSA) funds in a self-directed brokerage account.
TD Ameritrade offers a wide array of services for every company and every employee. A $3.00 monthly fee may be incurred. This fee will be waived for HSA Bank savings accounts with a minimum daily balance of $4,925*.
- Stocks, bonds and thousands of mutual funds (trading fees may apply)
- No HSA minimum balance required to begin investing
- Online access to real-time data, customizable charts and one-click integrated trading
- Integrated, online access to trading, balance information and much more through HSA Bank’s free Internet Banking
- Ability to place trades by website, telephone, mobile device and broker
- Access to independent research tools, such as S&P and Morningstar®, to help you make informed trades
- Trading fees may be applied by TD Ameritrade; additional fees vary by program, location or arrangement.
If you're interested in self-directed investing and want to put your money to work for you, learn more about TD Ameritrade. HSA Bank receives compensation from TD Ameritrade for performing certain services.
Note: If you have an existing TD Ameritrade account, you must establish a separate account to invest your HSA funds. Due to tax reporting requirements, it is not possible to use HSA funds for accounts you already have with TD Ameritrade.
DEVENIR Mutual Fund Selection Option
Easily invest HSA funds in a pre-selected group of no-load and load-waived mutual funds offering a variety of fund families and asset classes.
- Performance of mutual fund selections are reviewed quarterly by SEC registered investment advisors
- Integrated, online access to investment account history, balance information, contribution election, trades and much more all through HSA Bank’s free Internet Banking
- Access to Morningstar® reports and other planning tools
- Easily transfer funds between investment account and health savings account through HSA Bank's free Internet Banking.
- A $3.00 monthly fee may be incurred for HSA Bank savings accounts that fall below a minimum daily balance of $4,925*.
- No trading fees for pre-selected group of mutual funds. An annual fee of $24 is deducted from the investment account balance, prorata.
Learn more about your mutual fund options.
All funds may be purchased at net asset value (NAV) without a front end load. Some mutual funds may charge a redemption fee if not held for the period of time disclosed in each prospectus.
HSA Bank does not provide brokerage services; brokerage services are provided by TD Ameritrade and DEVENIR. HSA Bank and TD Ameritrade are separate and unaffiliated firms, and are not responsible for each other’s services or policies. HSA Bank and DEVENIR are separate and unaffiliated firms, and are not responsible for each other’s services or policies. Self-directed investment accounts are the sole responsibility of the account owner. Carefully weigh the advantages and disadvantages of investing your HSA funds before doing so. HSA Bank and other business entities receive compensation for providing various services to the funds, including distribution (12b-1) and service fees. Your ability to replace losses in the investment account may be limited by the annual contribution limits of your HSA. HSA Bank does not offer investment advice.
Investment accounts are not FDIC insured and they are not bank guaranteed. Investment accounts are not a deposit account, or an obligation of HSA Bank, and they may lose value. They are not guaranteed by any federal government agency. Performance data and ratings represent past performance and are not a guarantee of future results. Investment returns and principal value will fluctuate and investors' shares, when sold, may be worth more or less than their original cost.
*The Balance Waiver Amount reflects the minimum amount of funds that must be maintained in the account each day of the month to prevent the monthly fee from being charged. The Balance Waiver Amount is calculated annually as the average between the self-only and family plan maximum contribution limits. On an annual basis the Internal Revenue Service calculates inflation adjusted maximum contribution limits, and by November 1st of each year, the recalculated Balance Waiver Amount will be made available. Adjustments to the Balance Waiver Amount will be effective on January 1st of each year. Effective January 1, 2014, the adjusted Balance Waiver Amount will be $4,925.
Morningstar® is a registered trademark of Morningstar, Inc.